How to Use the Conveyor Belt?
Feb. 08, 2021
With the increase of mechanization and automation, conveyor belts have been widely used in various industries in recent years. Conveyor belts are economical, automated, and improve effective power. The main component part of its conveying system is the conveyor belt, but downtime due to rated failure of the conveyor belt often occurs. Next, the conveyor belt supplier will explain how to maintain the belt conveyor system from the use method and precautions in order to improve the service life of the belt conveyor system.
How to use the conveyor belt?
1. In transportation and storage, the conveyor belt should be kept clean to avoid direct sunlight or rain and snow, and prevent contact with organic solvents such as acids, alkalis and oils, and be at least one meter away from heat sources.
2. The temperature in the warehouse should be kept between -18℃ and 40℃, and the relative temperature should be kept between 50% and 80% during storage.
3. conveyor belts of different types and specifications should not be joined together, and their joints should preferably be glued together.
4. the type, structure, specification and number of layers of conveyor belt should be reasonably selected according to the conditions of use; the conveyor belt with large lumpiness and abrasive materials and the use of fixed type unloading device should be used at low speed as far as possible.
5. The relationship between the diameter of the drive roller and the layer of the conveyor belt, the matching of the drive roller, the redirecting roller and the requirements for the groove angle of the roller should be reasonably selected according to the design provisions of the conveyor.
6. The feeding direction should be in the running direction of the conveyor belt, and the chute should be used to reduce the impact on the conveyor belt when the material falls, so as to reduce the falling distance of the material; the spacing between the rollers and the buffer rollers should be shortened in the material receiving section of the conveyor belt, and the soft and moderate baffle plate should be used on the side of the belt to prevent the material from leaking, so as to avoid the baffle plate from being too hard and scratching the belt surface of the conveyor belt.
Precautions when using conveyor belt
1. Avoid the rollers being covered with materials, causing the rotation not to work, prevent the leakage of materials stuck between the roller and the tape, pay attention to the lubrication of the movable part, but not to oil the conveyor belt.
2. Avoid starting with load.
3. The tape runaway, should take timely measures to correct.
4. Found that the local damage to the conveyor belt should be repaired or replaced in time to avoid expansion.
Steel cord industrial belts
Steel cord industrial belts ensure maximum conveying performance, even under grueling stress conditions. Their robust design guarantees high tensile strength at maximum conveying capacity as well as excellent impact resistance. Wear-resistant, rot and corrosion-resistant, resistant to chemicals and thermally stable, our conveyor belts provide long years of service while requiring little maintenance.
When commissioning a new conveyor, the first consideration is to set the conveyor belt to within the middle of the head and tail rollers. All rollers are mounted at right angles to the centre line of the conveyor, but fine adjustment of t...
With the increase of mechanization and automation, conveyor belts have been widely used in various industries in recent years. Conveyor belts are economical, automated, and improve effective power. The main component part of its conveyin...